Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Regardless Wednesday, Miles of Backstory, and The Legends of a Round Table. By Hannah Walker

Okay, so I was on the couch earlier,watching the rain, (This sounds so serene, it really wasn't) and was thinking about the blog...over the sounds of my mother bustling around in the kitchen, Adventures in Odyssey playing in my sister's room, my dog harping over a neighbor that had mistakenly stepped into our yard while walking his own dogs, and Owl City's new album Mobile Orchestra (If you haven't heard it, you are absolutely hopeless, you need to hear his music, click this link: http://www.ayoungblog.com/)playing over all the music. 
 Anyway, back to the point, I was thinking about how different blogs have things like, "Wacky Wednesday (Interviewer:Did you just quote Doctor Suess?
                     Me: Yes, yes I did.)
and Throwback Thursday. But, I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with Wednesday that wouldn't copyright.SO, Then a thought, inspired by John Green himself popped into my head, and I don't feel like going to the bookshelf, rooting through all the piles of Green novels, until I found 'Paper Towns' and got the exact quote. So, with Margo and her iDeals oN hOW caPitaliZatiON's bAsic rUles cOULD huRT lEttER's fEelIngs, flowing through my mind, the book I was reading (Struck, by Jennifer Bosworth) completely forgotten, I decided, "I shall SLAY the unwritten rules of writing!(see what I did there?) So here we are, after miles of backstory and links, 

drumroll please.

REGARDLESS WEDNESDAY!!!!

HAHA! and here is the story for this magical day where I completely disregard all rules of
  1. Capitalization
  2. Rhyming
  3. My Sanity...


The Legends of a Round Table. By Hannah Walker
There are legends, and then there are Legends. Once upon a time, in the land of nobility, chivalry, courage, and justice, there were the Knights of the Round Table. They abided in a castle and in that castle there were the Cavalry quarters, and in the Calvary quarters, the knights planned how to, simply, save the world.  The reason they had a ‘round’ table instead of a reliably regular rectangular sitting area was frankly because, circles were round, had no points, and plainly stated that they were all equals. There was no ‘head’ chairman or leader of the group. Just some noble men looking to ensure justice unto the world. They swore to always follow their ‘Knights-of-the-round-table’ or ‘KRT’’ code which goes as follows: Aid any person in trouble, to not single out females simply because they were always stereotyped as the ‘Helpless Maiden in Despair’ or “Damsels in Distress” .Helpless, schmelpless. Ever heard of Malala? Anyway, the code also included; “To protect the helpless and weak, man or female, didn’t matter. To fight evil, and to have each other’s backs. Because of them, that era was just that much better. Thanks to the Legends of the Round Table, who shined light in a world brimming with darkness,


and illiteracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment