Translate

Monday, December 7, 2015

Training Dolphins, By Dolphin Girl

Ahhh!!!
I feel soooo bad!!!
 I just intended on a short Thanksgiving break and BOOM it's
   CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this week, we have a cameo author, whose real name will remain anonymous for security reasons.
So, let's call her dolphin girl for now. Yeah, let's do that.
  Thanks again!


Training Dolphins, By Dolphin Girl


I gleefully open the door, mesmerized by everything. We walked to the front desk, where a lady in a teal colored blouse and blue jeans shorts greeted us. Dad talked to her about buying tickets for my two sisters and me. Soon the lady from the front desk guided us to a wide pool of water,where we saw amazing creatures leaping out. I wish my mom were here to see this, if she was I know she would flip.

There was a ladder that stooped down into the bright blue water. From what I could see there were about 19 more pools just like it, each filled with two of these intriguing mammals. The lady motioned for us to move closer to the pool, until we were at the edge of it. Just then they jump e dout of the water, Sea sprayed through my hair. Then the lady told me to climb down the ladder and start treading water. Feeling uneasy I glanced at my dad, who gave me a look that said ‘’go ahead, it's okay’’. With that I slowly crawled down into the water.It was cold. I was nervous. I felt a cool breeze.

 I've been treading water for three minutes and was starting to tire. Finally, the lady took a small shiny silver whistle from her neck, and blew one short quick blow. I felt movement under the water. All of a sudden a dolphin popped up out of the water beside me right under my left arm, and another under my right. Now they were underneath both of my arms, so I could just relax. Until the instructor whistled another command, which I guess I meant swim forward since that’s what happened. The dolphins lurched forward with me clinging on to their dorsal fins. I started to loosen my grip a little. We swam in circles, around and around and around. It was fun. The wind blew through my blonde hair and the sea sprayed my face. I have never felt like this way before. 

Then we started to slow down. Stopping right in the center. The lady told me to face the Dolphins and to softly kiss them. I did and it felt awesome. We slowly swam to the ladder, and the lady helped me climb up the ladder on solid ground. Before we walked away I whispered farewell to the Dolphins. I was sad, but my dad assured me that we would be back again soon. And with that we departed in our car, with mixedemotions about the dolphins, knowing right then that I wanted to arrive back as a trainer not a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment